Sunday, January 1, 2012

Knitting Goals for 2012

I am hoping to have a more productive knitting year in 2012 so I thought I would actually set some goals for the year.

1. I want to knit at least 20 projects for charity. I didn't keep track of how many that I made in 2011 but I'm pretty sure it was less than 20. I hope that I branch out from hats and scarves but we will see. I know that charities have a need for sweaters and I have been hesitant to invest so much time in something that may be a total fail but honestly, I'll never learn to make them without sucking up the inevitable failures. I'll learn from the mistakes and eventually get it right. However, because I'm a big ole cheater, the sweater thing is just a wish, not a goal.

2. I want to made a colorwork project. I've done stripes but those totally don't count. I'm thinking that I may make one of the many pairs of colorwork mittens that I have drooled over.

3. I want to make a dent in my stash. I am realistic enough to know that even though I have a ridiculous amount of yarn already, I won't be able to stop buying it. Yarn is just to pretty and I can't resist its siren song. However, I can work on getting more yarn out of the stash than I put back in. So, my goal for the year is to have a net loss of 30 skeins of yarn from my stash. That is a lot of knitting so this is the goal that will really be a stretch for me.

4. Lastly, I want to make a concerted effort to blog more so my goal is to blog at least twice a month.

So, internet peeps, did you make any goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh the places I've been...