Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Back to the grindstone

I went back to work today after being out sick at the end of last week and found two envelopes on my desk from a swap that I participated in at Swap Bot. One envelope came from Ohio and the other came from Amsterdam and both had some nice goodies inside [postcards, bookmarks, stationary, and post-it notes...just the kind of stuff a NerdGirl loves]. It is a lot nicer to come to work when there are gifts waiting. I would encourage everyone to set up some sort of system so that you get nice presents when you go to work; your paycheck does not count. Here is a picture of my swap bounty:


I want to give a big shout out to my friend Kelly. I knew she was a great graphic artist but now she is nationally recognized for her talent...all thanks to a job that she is no longer working at. Her former employers submitted an ad that she designed into a national competition and it took third place. How cool is that?!?! I think her current employer should give her a raise commiserate with her newfound status.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh the places I've been...