Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Holy blizzard Batman!

Alright, blizzard might be a slight exaggeration but we are under a blizzard advisory and it snowed 5" while I was at work [12a-8a]. Only two people could not make it in to work for their shifts this morning and they both live in other counties. The snow wouldn't be bad but the wind just won't let up... the visibility isn't great and there are huge drifts everywhere. I almost didn't make it down the road by my house because the snow was all drifted across the road. I would have been really irritated to get about a block away from my house and then get stuck in the snow! Hopefully the wind will have died down a bit and the roads will be in better shape when I go back in to work this evening. There were tons of cancellations today at schools and businesses; the courthouse is closed and for the first time in 30 years the university closed due to the weather. I know that it could be a lot worse (like the 7' of snow New York got recently) so I will quit complaining and go to bed and see what the weather is like when I wake up. Hope you are warm and cozy wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh the places I've been...