Monday, February 5, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my first post. This blog will cover a wide range of NerdGirl ramblings: knitting and crocheting adventures, yarn in all its glory, swaps, books, friends, and family.

How did I spend my Sunday afternoon when the rest of the country was glued to the TV watching football? I was exploring a new yarn store of course! Klose Knit Urbana is a wonderful [albeit small] store that has been open since the end of October 2006 but I just discovered it in the back of the latest issue of Vogue Knitting on Friday. The store owner was there and she was very friendly and full of helpful information which definitely makes me want to take a class there. I think I will take the class on knitting a hat for my first class although I am also interested in the class on knitting socks with two circular needles. I bought some lovely purple cotton yarn that is soft and cozy, knitting needles, a keychain, a handmade felted needle case and a pattern book. I am waiting for inspiration to strike before I start using the yarn so for now I will just stare admiringly at it and dream of the possibilities! Until next time, I wish everyone good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh the places I've been...