Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's been a long week

Sorry for the long break in posts but it has been a bit depressing around here and I haven't felt like blogging. A guy that I work with has been out sick but I just found out that he is not at work because he was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer. He has had a couple of surgeries to keep his bile ducts open and he has gone through three rounds of chemo and has another round to go. The doctors are hoping that the chemo will shrink the tumor enough that they can operate to remove it. He is being very optimistic and seems to be keeping his sense of humor so when I talk to him, I try not to let him know how sad I am. If that wasn't enough, my first work partner who took me under his wing and has always treated my like a little sister [lots of teasing but more than willing to hold my hand when I am upset] was hospitalized for chest pains. The doctors don't think it was a heart attack but they haven't found another cause yet.

There was good new this week...my mom went in for a stress test and her results looked good so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out with her heart. The family got together on Friday night for a belated birthday dinner for me...up next will be the belated birthday dinner for mom and then we will be caught up on the birthdays! I did get some crafting done: the gray stole/wrap is about 3 feet long now so I am about halfway finished! Saturday while I was at my parents I reverted to crafts from my childhood and made four woven potholders for my mom. Until next time, I hope everyone finds joy in the little things in life...like a quiz to find out what kind of yarn you are!







What kind of yarn are you?




You are Shetland Wool. You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh the places I've been...